The Monmouth Conservative Association is an active organisation always eager to sign up new members to support the Conservative cause locally and enjoy our busy programme of events. If you’d like to join, you can do so here or simply contact the Association office.
The Association Officers for 2019-20 are:
- Mr. Mark Brown (Chairman)
- Mr. Andy Fenner (Deputy Chairman – Political)
- Mr. Mike Butler (Deputy Chairman – Membership & Fundraising)
- Mr. Barrie O’Keefe (Treasurer)
- Mrs Sue Standing (Monmouth Women’s Organisation Chair)
- County Cllr. Peter Fox OBE (Local Government Group Leader)
All officers can be contacted through the Association office.
Honourary Positions for 2019-20 are:
- Patron: Mr. Neville Waters MBE JP DL
- President : Mr Chris Edwards
The Monmouth constituency was created for the 1918 general election, and was a creation of the Representation of the People Act 1918 as one of six constituencies covering the historic county of Monmouthshire.
Prior to the 1918 election the county had been covered, nominally, by the county constituencies of Northern Monmouthshire, Southern Monmouthshire, and Western Monmouthshire, and the Monmouth Boroughs borough constituency.
By 1918, however, administrative county boundaries were out of alignment with constituency boundaries.
The new constituency boundaries took account of the new local government boundaries.